There will be a time when a seemingly straight forward trip will result in a car breakdown, getting lost, an accident or any other misfortune. Make sure that you are well-equipped so that you can stay safe until help arrives. Carrying these tools will help you make the best out of a bad situation.
- Hazard triangle – A hazard triangle is a must have to let other people know that you’ve broken down and that they must be careful.
- Multipurpose tool – You can never be too prepared on a road trip. You also don’t want a full-blown toolbox which will eat into valuable space inside your trunk. A multipurpose toolkit is the best of both worlds. They have handy tools that can get you out of sticky situations if the need arise.
- Flashlight and spare batteries – Keep a decent flashlight in your car at all times. This will be especially handy if you need to check a map at night or if you need to open the trunk in the night. A flashlight is also a great tool to signal traffic to let them know that you need assistance as well as alert them to danger.
- First aid kit – A basic first-aid kit can help you and others if there’s a problem. You can either buy a kit or make one yourself. First aid kits work best when paired with someone who knows what they’re doing. If you haven’t had any first aid instruction, now is the best time to learn some of the basics.
- Jumper cables – Car batteries are very easy to drain. Carrying jumper cables is a great way of making sure that you’re able to recharge your battery to start your car in an emergency.
- Spare tire – If your tire hits a nail or pothole it’s always handy to carry a spare tire so you can change it and be on your way till you can get your tire fixed or replaced.
This is not an extensive list; however, it does cover some of the basics. Feel free to add more tools if you feel they deserve a place in your car.
Check our parts department for emergency kits and tools for your vehicle or browse online our parts and accessories website. We are certified professionals who will inspect and service your car properly. Our professional service technicians will also suggest a particular maintenance schedule depending on the model and make of your vehicle so that problems can be prevented in the future. Ed Morse Mazda Port Richey serving surrounding cities in Florida like Trinity, Land O’ Lakes, Tarpon Springs and many more so visit us today for all your auto repair and maintenance needs.